When selecting the best board portal for your needs, you’ll find a multitude of good, solid options. BoardEffect stands out from the crowd by focusing on the more niche market of nonprofits and similar organizations.
A member of the classic Diligent brand, BoardEffect caters to over 3,500 organizations, with over 200,000 individual users. With a wide array of resources on top of key insights and analytics, BoardEffect facilitates board management, helping shape good governance and compliance policies.
What is BoardEffect best for?
BoardEffect allows board members to synchronize their schedules, work together on online files, plan meetings, and vote on pending issues.
Among its most popular features, you’ll find:
- easy-to-create board books
- unlimited, cloud-based hosting
- automatic meeting agendas
- shared calendars for meetings & deliverables
- easily-accessible archive library
- in-document annotations and discussion
The platform also deploys the usual catalog of user and data protection features required by most security protocols. These include:
- granular permissions
- multi-step login verification
- password-protected folders
- download restrictions
A particularly useful feature is the board book. Once created, the book will automatically generate a meeting agenda available to everyone invited to the upcoming meeting.Also noteworthy is the BoardEffect login history, helping monitor user access.
- Calendar management
- Document management
- Document templates
- Critical alerts
- Electronic Signature
- Access controls/Permissions
- Collaboration tools
- File sharing
Use cases by industries
BoardEffect is a good tool for nonprofits of all kinds, as well as similar enterprises.
Higher education institutions can use BoardEffect to plan the yearly activities and operations, integrating all the tasks assigned to different members in an all-encompassing shared calendar.
For the board of directors of community health centers, BoardEffect is an excellent tool for managing important meetings, reporting on organizational effectiveness, planning recruitment, and keeping members up-to-date on new programs and individual duties.
Credit unions employ BoardEffect for annual, large-scale operations such as budgeting and auditing. Features such as the meeting library, which stores all platform data connected to board meetings, also make it an invaluable resource for surveying company activities and helping guarantee compliance.
Pros and cons of Boardeffect
To help you decide whether BoardEffect is the right fit for you, here are some of its main pros and cons.
- great usability: visually clear and intuitive interface
- individual training: at an extra cost, you can get dedicated training
- migration assistance: also at an extra cost, get help migrating your content into the platform
- first-class support: friendly and promptly available 24/7 support through phone, live chat, and email
- security: the portal follows high standards of security
- cost-effectiveness: BoardEffect is a less pricey alternative than many competitors
- no free trials or free versions available
- no dedicated mobile interface for Android/Windows
- lack of customization features
- lack of administrator permissions as compared to similar tools