About Brainloop BoardRoom
Brainloop BoardRoom is one of four services offered by the Brainloop web portal. BoardRoom is designed for use by executive and supervisory boards as a solution for secure and effective communication between board members.
BoardRoom features like calendar management and members directories help company secretaries to plan board meetings efficiently. Other features, such as document and minutes management and collaboration tools, allow board members to share protected information quickly and securely.
If an organization uses any of the other Brainloop services, BoardRoom will integrate with it, so that it’s possible to seamlessly share documents while organizing meetings and collaborating with outside partners on MeetingSuite, DealRoom, and CollaborationRoom.
What is Brainloop BoardRoom best for?
While planning a meeting, board office secretaries can easily share documents with meeting participants using BoardRoom features such as:
- automated creation of board meeting folders
- document upload by drag-and-drop
- automatic folder update when individual documents are modified
These features eliminate the need to print and send out materials and manually update documents with last-minute information.
Also, users with administrator permissions can manage security and authentication rules on Brainloop BoardRoom in a centralized way by using tools such as:
- two-factor authentication
- controlled access to documents
- role-based allocation of permissions
These tools ensure that only the right people are able to access sensitive information.
While preparing for a meeting, board members can use specific features to analyze and share information from the board pack documents:
- notes and comments
- full-text search
These features help board members come to the meeting fully informed and prepared.
- Calendar management
- Document management
- Document templates
- Critical alerts
- Access controls/Permissions
- Multi-factor authentication
- Electronic signature
- Collaborations tools
- Live chat
Use cases by industries
Different organization boards use BoardRoom to communicate fast and securely. For instance, a construction company uses it to create and share board packs. Financial services organizations use BoardRoom for board packs, but also as a data room for secure document sharing and storage.
Other companies use this software to manage governance documents, and to keep track of agendas during corporate meetings.
Pros and cons of Brainloop BoardRoom
- security: besides using the administrator security features, the company can choose where its information will be stored, from a selection of ISO27001-certified data centres in six different European countries
- user-friendliness: users report a good end-user experience in BoardRoom
- documents can take time to synchronize
- permissions can be difficult to handle at first
- upload can take time