About Diligent Boards
Diligent Boards is a major, long-standing GRC solution provider. Catering to companies both public and private, profit and not-for-profit, Diligent is a platform where board members and executives can integrate good governance and compliance practices with risk management, all in one place.
The Diligent board portal offers all the right tools for the corporation looking to digitize records, streamline board meetings, voting, and collaborations, or carry out audits and review governance data.
What is Diligent best for?
One of the strengths of Diligent Boards is its ease of use and excellent security:
- Security. Diligent provides a centralized repository for the data your corporation has to deal with and ensures high-level protection. Diligent has held the SOC 1 and 2 certificates for nine (!) consecutive years.
- Ease of use. Diligent makes collaboration simple and straightforward. You can share files, provide or limit user access, request and track changes, add comments, tag participants. Transparency and communication are its fortes.
The Diligent board portal has a function for any corporate activity. It is particularly useful for streamlining board/committee meetings. Diligent offers a range of tools, allowing you to:
- leverage limitless storage
- manage user access
- create, organize, and sync agendas, meeting minutes, archives, etc.
- annotate, highlight, bookmark
- add tagged comments
- share calendars
- vote on motions and directives
- request digital signatures
- Cloud (Saas, Web-based)
- Attendance management
- Document management
- Document templates
- Offline access
- File sharing
- Single sign on
- Third party integrations
- Access controls/Permissions
- Approval process control
- Multi-factor authentication
- Electronic signature
- SSL security
- Secure data storage
- Activity dashboard
- Task management
- Meeting notes
- Communication management
Diligent use cases
With more than a million users from over 25,000 organizations across the world — including 50% of the Fortune 1000 — you’d be hard pressed to find an industry Diligent does not cover. Still, fintech, healthcare, and legal fields are among the most common use cases of the platform.
Fintech companies have a lot of personal consumer information to manage. As a one-stop hub for sensitive financial data, Diligent offers optimal protection against leaks and hacks, preventing the need to keep track of files across multiple channels and services.
Besides bank-grade encrypted file hosting, the portal prevents breaches with functions such as multi-step verification, login alerts and more.
For the healthcare industry, where decisions and actions often carry immediate responsibility, board software is good news.
With an audit trail of user actions across the platform, Diligent allows medical and pharma companies to track board meeting minutes, reports, and more — all in a few clicks.
Law firms deal with loads of paperwork — and an extremely heavy cost for any mistake or omission.
Due diligence, litigation, a high-stakes copyright issue. With all these, the ability to double-check files in sync with your team while protecting client confidentiality is crucial.
Pros and cons of Diligent
Diligent comes with many pros and a few inevitable cons.
- customer support: live, multilingual, available 24/7
- adaptability: highly intuitive interface and functionalities
- seamless online/offline integration
- extra meeting functionalities: adding info to meeting books, note-taking, etc.
- data protection: there’s no price for peace of mind
- prohibitive cost for smaller companies
- no free version available
- lack of customizability for corporations looking to create their own tone
- no dedicated training for less tech-savvy directors