About Diligent Boards?
Diligent Boards is one of the main providers for Governance, Risk and Compliance management — or GRC. With over a million clients across the world, the Diligent Boards solution offers board management software where board members and executives can integrate good governance and compliance practices with risk management, all in one place.
The Diligent Board solution meets customer expectations and some of the best industry standards. The board portal helps companies manage and streamline governance and risks, conduct audits and ensure compliance, and approach aspects of business such as ethics, leadership, and ESG factors.
From data management, board meeting management, board presentations, secure messaging, and insight generation, the Diligent software has all the tools required for driving high-impact business with efficiency and speed.
What is the Diligent Boards solution best for?
The Diligent board portal meets the needs of a variety of use cases, offering solutions for board governance, enterprise risk management, conducting performance audits and training, entity management systems, and more.
Below, let’s take a look at how Diligent helps different use cases.
Board governance: Why do board members trust Diligent?
Board members trust Diligent thanks to its world-class security and ease of use. Diligent Boards help board directors to:
- Prepare meeting materials and board books
- Conduct board meetings and group sessions
- Collect instant digital signatures and streamlined voting
- Benefit from note-taking tools
- Schedule and organize meeting calendar functions
- Distribute insights from a previous meeting in a fast and secure way
- Share confidential board meeting materials
Training management: Live sessions, webinars, and more
To support your company in training and forming deeply knowledgeable employees, the Diligent tool helps you to:
- Provide regular webinar tutorials
- Conduct in-person seminars
- Give employees immediate access to training materials in several formats
- Collect feedback from your own employees with different questionnaire tools
Auditing: Ensure compliance and stay in control
Diligent’s information management security shapes an environment where board directors, management, or external auditors can conduct internal control processes with Diligent’s FedRamp-approved audit management. This includes automated workflows and integration with other data sources for simplified board members’ work.
- Cloud (Saas, Web-based)
- Attendance management
- Document management
- Document templates
- Offline access
- File sharing
- Single sign on
- Third party integrations
- Access controls/Permissions
- Approval process control
- Multi-factor authentication
- Electronic signature
- SSL security
- Secure data storage
- Activity dashboard
- Task management
- Meeting notes
- Communication management
How different industries use Diligent
Providing solutions to more than 25,000 organizations worldwide — including 50% of the Fortune 1000 — you’d be hard-pressed to find an industry Diligent Boards does not cover. Let’s take a look at some common use cases for the platform that see many very satisfied customers: fintech, healthcare, legal, and government.
Financial services companies have a lot of personal consumer information to manage. As a one-stop hub for sensitive financial data, Diligent offers optimal protection against leaks and hacks, preventing the need to keep track of files across multiple channels and services. You can also enable secure messaging, store encrypted files, and meet any company security requirements on the platform.
Besides bank-grade encrypted file hosting, the portal prevents any security risk with functions such as multi-step verification, login alerts, early threat detection, and more.
For the healthcare industry, where decisions and actions often carry immediate impact, board software is good news. Ensure regulatory compliance and shape a security-conscious staff with the Diligent Boards app.
Diligent also helps to build resilience against cyberthreats and, with an audit trail of user actions across the platform, it allows medical and pharma companies to track board meeting minutes, reports, and more — all in a few clicks.
Law firms deal with loads of paperwork — and an extremely heavy cost for any mistake or omission.
Due diligence, litigation, and a high-stakes copyright issue. With all these, the ability to double-check all the documents in sync with your team while protecting client confidentiality is crucial. Protect and improve communications in a way you never could in a paper-based environment.
Diligent provides all the tools for government administration use cases, including contract oversight, user monitoring, IT governance, and cyberattack protection. Ensure compliance with regulatory government frameworks and manage personnel in a controlled and monitored environment.
How to start using Diligent
Getting started on Diligent is a no-brainer — as users are quick to point out, the software is highly intuitive and barely requires a transition period from previous platforms.
That said, Diligent offers plenty of support for first-time users. You can contact a customer representative for a free demo, and there are in-person seminars and employee training and onboarding options available as well.
Pros and cons of Diligent
Diligent comes with many pros and a few inevitable cons.
- Top-notch customer service. Diligent has multilingual, 24/7 support, with representatives available for support calls in many countries in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific
- Adaptability and ease of use. highly user-friendly interface and functionalities, intuitive Diligent boards log in, easy-to-find meeting materials
- Seamless online and offline integration. continue working offline even if you’re having trouble with internet connectivity — your work is saved both online and offline
- Complete meeting functionalities. adding info to board books, note-taking, etc.
- Data protection. with award-winning security, Diligent boards takes care of your sensitive data
- Prohibitive cost for smaller companies. although the Diligent Board pricing is flexible, it lacks the range of other similar solutions
- No free version available. although you can request custom pricing based on your needs, no free trials are currently offered for users to get to know the platform before making a decision
- Lack of customizability. organizations looking to create their own corporate atmosphere may find a lack of options here
- No dedicated training for less tech-savvy directors